- For students taking any qualification permitted for entry to the UK Register of Career Development Professionals, the Higher Apprenticeship: Career Development Professional, Scottish Modern and Technical Apprenticeship: Career Development and the Level 4 Diploma in Career Information and Advice
- Access all the support you need and membership benefits at a discounted rate
- Being a CDI member demonstrates your commitment to high standards of practice and ethics right from the very beginning
- Access 600+ resources in the CPD Resources area: from the history of the profession to the latest research into best practice and the impact of careers (accessed from the members’ only part of the website)
- Attend free CPD webinars to explore topics of interest and record CPD hours in the Members' Area
- Learn from free webinars tailored to student members on applying for jobs and networking
- Develop your digital skills with free practical training via our Digital Bytes webinars
- Join our Expert training sessions at discounted rates, accessing presentations and workshops by thought leaders and expert practitioners across career development
- Book your discounted place at the CDI National Conference and UK Career Development Awards
- Book your free place at the annual CDI Student Conference (England & Wales or Scotland)
- Join our professional communities via our member-only social media groups, to network and learn from other practitioners: Community of Practice: Career Development Professionals, Community of Practice: Careers Leaders and Career Development in Scotland
- Take part in careers community meetings in your region, managed by the CDI regional reps, with discussion and support from practitioners from all areas of career development
- Receive your quarterly Career Matters magazine (hard copy) with features on the latest research and practice, spotlight on different careers and reviews of books, resources and websites (back copies are available in the CPD Resources section in the members' only area)
- Read our monthly email updates: CDI News, Chief Executive Update, Training and Events, and CPD Resources
- Find your perfect role with free access to the Careers in Careers job board
- Receive your free NICEC journal - free pdf copy twice a year in April and October (back copies are available in the CPD Resources section in the members' only area)
Once you have qualified in career development (subject to a minimum of 60 credits at QCF Level 6/SCQF level 11), you can upgrade to becoming a CDI member and apply to join the UK Register of Career Development Professionals (Register). To apply, you must agree to adhere to the CDI Code of Ethics and be willing to undertake a minimum of 25 hours CPD each year.
We can take card payments over the telephone - please call: 01384 445629/01384 376464 Option 5 Finance & Payments.
To the Career Development Institute at Lloyds Bank, Sort Code 30-98-21, Account 25337168
Please remember to supply your membership or invoice number as a reference on your payment.
Pay any CDI invoice using the secure GoCardless one-off payment system, request a link by emailing Lyn.firstname.lastname@example.org with your membership or invoice number.
We accept Direct Debit in single-payments or in a range of instalment options (admin fees may apply.) Please contact email@example.com who can support you in setting up a direct debit.