Certificate for Career Assistants - Information and Advice Skills for Career Assistants, Virtual Learning
Information and Advice Skills for Career Assistants available as accredited and non-accredited training.
Date21 Nov 2023
• Pre reading materials which will be sent to candidates at least two weeks before the course commences
• Recorded webinars
• Workbook to support your learning
• Live action learning sets
The live sessions will be conducted on Zoom and will be recorded so that you can refer to these in future.
Please note that observation of one to one interviews is a requirement for accreditation. Where access to evidence in schools and colleges is not available due to social distancing, your assessor will agree alternative hand in dates with you.
Content of training includes
*please note – all content will be covered in the two training days but the order of content may change depending on the needs of the group
• The careers education and guidance sector
• What is a guidance interview and how it differs from information and advice interviews
• How to structure an information and advice session
• Using a range of media to conduct interviews
• How to comply with relevant legislation, Statutory Guidance for Schools and Colleges and the CDI Code of Ethics
• Sources of career information
• Effective use of career information to support student needs
• Evaluating career information sources
• Keeping skills and knowledge up to date