Volunteering for the CDI
As a professional body, the CDI is very grateful for the support provided by our many expert and enthusiastic volunteers, who share our commitment to offering young people and adults the best career development support so they can thrive in their careers and lives.
There are many ways you can volunteer for the CDI, with key areas listed below. Some of these, such as Board and EPSC positions, will be publicised widely, while others will be promoted in the CDI monthly newsletter and on this website.
- CDI Board Directors, including President, President Elect and Honorary Secretary. These posts are all voluntary and vacancies are filled through election. Members will be notified by email, with details on this website, when posts are available, and can nominate themselves for election with the support of five other CDI members.
- Ethics and Professional Standards Committee, including the Chair, professional constituency members and national constituency members. Posts are advertised to CDI members via email and on this website and are filled through elections.
- Regional Representatives run local meetings (online or face-to-face) across England, providing support to careers professionals in their area and feeding key issues, concerns and opportunities back to the CDI team in CDI Council meetings. If you are interested in representing a region, contact your regional rep or David Morgan, Chief Executive.
- Speakers for webinars and conferences. From one-off webinars to regular training, volunteers take the time to share their knowledge and experience. We are also privileged to have many UK and international speakers supporting our conferences.
- Community of Interest for Careers Education (COICE) is an expert body looking at best practice in careers education. As independent thought-leaders, they review policy and provision developments, support the development of key resources such as the Career Development Framework and contribute to training and conference programmes.
- Community of Interest for Private Practitioners is a steering group that supports the CDI's development of resources, training and events focused on the private career development practitioner community. The group develops webinars, contributes to Career Matters and helps develop private practice strands of conferences.
If you would like to express your interest in volunteering for these roles or have a suggestion for a new area of volunteering, please get in touch with David Morgan, CDI Chief Executive.