Certificate for Career Assistants - Supporting Career Related Learning in Schools and Colleges - Virtual Learning
For those who support the career leader in organising career related learning
Date18 Oct 2023
• Work in schools, colleges, pupil referral units or similar organisations that deliver career learning programmes.
• Are new to the Careers Assistant role or wanting to develop your understanding of career work
• Work with the Career Leader to plan, deliver and evaluate your Career Related Learning programme
• Support students in finding and using career information
• Liaise with partners who contribute to the Career Related Learning Programme
• Understanding the breadth and range of the sector including the different strands of career related learning, information, advice and guidance
• Policies and trends affecting Career Guidance and Development
• Social, Economic and Personal benefits of Career Guidance and Development
• Legislation and Codes of Practice
• Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
• Positive working practices
• The Gatsby Benchmarks
• The Quality in Careers Standard
• The CDI Framework for careers, employability and enterprise education
• How to network with employers and other to enrich your careers programme
• Sources of career information
• Effective use of career information to support student needs
Each unit will have the following training support:
• Pre-reading material which will be sent to candidates at least two weeks before the course commences
• Workbook to support your learning
• Live Action Learning Sets
• The live sessions will be conducted on Zoom or Teams and will be recorded so that you can refer to these in future.
Optional accreditation - QCF Level 4 Diploma
For those wishing to accredit their learning and experience we offer an optional accreditation package for the achievement of the QCF Level 4 Diploma in Careers Information and Advice units. Please note that this is unit only accreditation, not the full Diploma. Participants will receive a certificate from OCR showing the three units achieved along with a CDI Certificate for Career Assistants. The units offered are:
• Preparing to work in the career guidance sector*
• Meeting the career-related information needs of clients
• Operate within networks to support the delivery of the service.
*Is also a unit of the Level 6 Diploma in Career Guidance and Development. Achievement of this unit would offer the first step towards gaining the full Diploma and being qualified to provide personal careers guidance.