What will I cover on the course?
- Identify the aims of Career Related Learning (CRL) and how this links to the overall aims of the organisation
- Explore effective methods to design, deliver and evaluate CRL
- Identify key stakeholders and partnerships
- Develop effective negotiation strategies to enable you to secure resources and influence decision making
- Consider the research base and professional standards relevant to the role
- Learn to lead and manage continuous professional development to ensure quality delivery
- Be able to promote CRL to colleagues, senior leaders and partners
- Understand best practice in commissioning services, including personal career guidance services
How is the course structured?
The course is structured around the following three OCR units
- Plan and design career-related learning programmes
- Lead and manage career development work in an organisation
- Continuously improve career development work in an organisation
This course is offered as both on-line training and face to face – see programmes for details.
The on-line sessions will include a pre-recorded presentation, followed by face to face on line training with your group and trainer in real time. In these sessions you will explore the issues raised in the presentation and look at how to evidence your learning for assessment. You will receive a workbook to accompany the training and be provided with access to a bank of resources. Your named assessor will support you throughout, helping you to plan your work and providing constructive feedback.
How is my work assessed?
You will provide evidence of your work practice through observations, assignments, case studies, written accounts and providing work products. Evidence is uploaded to an e-portfolio. Should your submitted work not meet the standard required, your assessor will guide you on what needs to be done before you re-submit.