The CDI is the largest and most influential UK-wide professional association for the career development sector, which includes career advisers, career coaches, career educators, talent managers and other professionals working in the public, private, voluntary and community sectors.
Launched in April 2013, we are a new, contemporary body, with a growing membership, currently over 4,500 members.
We promote the benefits that careers education, information, advice, guidance and career management bring to individuals, society and the economy. We are an awarding body, with a Professional Register and provide a variety of activities to support members and non-members in their CPD. We aim to be at the forefront of debates on career development policy, lobbying hard on behalf of our members & the profession, and promoting the value of effective and impartial careers support.
We are delighted to welcome into the Institute organisations that have an interest in promoting and supporting the work of our members. Affiliate membership of the CDI is available to colleges, universities, training providers, charities, sector skills councils and private companies, indeed any organisation from the corporate, public, community or voluntary sectors.
Affiliate Members subscribe to the CDI Code of Ethics and support our mission and campaigns to optimise the profile, visibility and impact of career development.
In return we offer Affiliate Organisations:
- Access for one named employee to receive the full benefits of CDI membership, including News by Email bulletins and Career Matters subscription and purchasing training/events for that person at the member price
- Use of the CDI’s Affiliate Organisations logo on your corporate literature
- Communications and networking:
Sponsorship and advertising opportunities:
- Annual lunch for Affiliate Members - opportunity to meet key players in the CDI and wider career development profession to explore issues of mutual interest
- Introductions to other Affiliate Members to facilitate networking and business development
- Invitations to special events including high profile launches and receptions
Certificate of membership
- 10% discount off recruitment advertising in Portico
- 10% discounted rate when exhibiting at CDI events
- Your own information ‘page’ on the CDI website, featuring your company logo, a brief (100-word) description of your products and services, and a link to your own website.
How much does becoming an Affiliate Organisation cost?
The annual fee for Affiliate Membership is £175.
How do I join?
Complete the online application form or complete the Affiliate Organisation Application Form and return to email@example.com at the CDI office.
How can I pay by:
- Credit/Debit card over the phone
- Cheque (payable to The Career Development Institute)
- BACS Bank Transfer
CDI Affiliate Members
Access the Affiliate Information page - this page includes a full list of all CDI Affiliate members, and each Affiliate member has their own unique information page, explaining in brief what the company does, what products or services they offer, and outlining where you can go for additional information.