Strengthening Careers Education and Guidance in Schools – Building on the Revised Statutory Guidance
01/10/2014 09:30 - 16:00
Three regional conferences which will explain the implications of the revised Statutory Guidance for policy and practice and bring focus to a key aspect – effective engagement with employers. The workshop sessions have been chosen because they are of the moment and will cover: managing careers guidance contracts; developing employability skills; collecting destinations data and bringing employers into schools. The four conference venues are: Central London; York and Birmingham.
Feedback from the York event:
• Useful to receive latest documents and updates; the templates are very useful for planning how to research providers and what we will need
• Excellent – gave me an awful lot to think about and will put 100% of it into practice. Perfect start to the academic year.
• A good opportunity to listen to speakers on topics that influence my professional practice.
• Very useful to hear about the latest CEIAG policy developments and how these will impact on guidance activities in schools.
• A good mix of presentation/workshops, interesting and well-pitched. Good quality overall.
• Very relevant and good mix of theory with solutions/strategies. Wish I could have attended all the workshops!