Including CPD recording; competency mapping; frameworks and other resources Find out more >
Full range of member benefits for Individual, Student and Affiliate OrganisationsFind out more >
7 categories announced for 2014 Awards include the new 'Rodney Cox Award for Lifetime Achievement'
Find out more>
Job opportunities; tenders and related RSS feeds
Find out more >
The full programme is a two day event, although each day is self-standing: you can choose to attend for either: Day 1, Day 2 or both days consecutively.
Day 1: Developments in Guidance Theory: A practical guide
Day 2: Advanced Career Guidance and Coaching
A one-day master class in how to effectively deliver career development services via the telephone.
During the day we will consider how the process and skills of face-to-face work translate to this medium, the advantages and challenges posed and the skills required. In particular we will consider the use of Neuro Linguistic programming to aid communication and bring depth to the interaction.
Three regional conferences which will explain the implications of the revised Statutory Guidance for policy and practice and bring focus to a key aspect – effective engagement with employers. The workshop sessions have been chosen because they are of the moment and will cover: managing careers guidance contracts; developing employability skills; collecting destinations data and bringing employers into schools. The four conference venues are: Central London; York and Birmingham.
Feedback from the York event:
• Useful to receive latest documents and updates; the templates are very useful for planning how to research providers and what we will need
• Excellent – gave me an awful lot to think about and will put 100% of it into practice. Perfect start to the academic year.
• A good opportunity to listen to speakers on topics that influence my professional practice.
• Very useful to hear about the latest CEIAG policy developments and how these will impact on guidance activities in schools.
• A good mix of presentation/workshops, interesting and well-pitched. Good quality overall.
• Very relevant and good mix of theory with solutions/strategies. Wish I could have attended all the workshops!
This half day peer learning day brings together experienced career practitioners who work in an International context. They will share their own experiences and views on the opportunities and challenges working across geographies and cultures. The session provides a unique learning opportunity to consider ways of expanding your own work beyond UK boundaries and clients. The session is structured around key inputs from expert career coaches, along with group working and debate.
CDI Council Meetings
All venues and furt...
St Albans Centre, London
Tuesday 30 September ...
Corporate Web Design by senior