We are delighted to announce three major categories and ten individual awards 2016/17
This is a great opportunity to celebrate and show case the very best UK-wide practice in career development.
The aims of the UK Career Development Awards:
- To identify and promote excellence in career development
- To celebrate and generate a sense of pride in the career development profession and our partners
- To raise the profile of career development and the CDI
1.1 Individual best practice awards
- Career Adviser/Coach of the Year - Sponsored by The Army
- Career Educator of the Year (presented in the name of Rachel Piper) - Sponsored by Investor in Careers
- Career Services Manager of the Year
- Rodney Cox Lifetime Achievement Award (awarded by the CDI Board) - Sponsored by Aspire-igen Group
1.2 Best practice in CPD, employer and HE engagement awards
- Investing in CPD:
- Small company (1-12 staff) - Sponsored by High Commission of Canada
- Large company (13+ staff)
- Innovative employer engagement activity - Sponsored by Careers & Enterprise Company
- Higher Education Widening Participation Pre-Entry Guidance Award - Sponsored by Inspiring Futures
Entrants to these awards do not need to be CDI affiliate organisations, although this is encouraged.
1.3 Research and technology awards
- Research Award - Sponsored by Trotman Publishing
- Best Practice in the Use of Technology in Career Development - Sponsored by Prospects
Please do not be shy about applying. Self-nominations and entries from student members are welcome and encouraged.
In order to be eligible to receive an individual best practice Award, you must either be a member of the CDI or an affiliate organisation.
An employer or organisation does not need to be CDI affiliate organisation to enter the Best Practice Careers Company CPD Programme (large and small); Innovative Employer Engagement Activity and Higher Education – Widening Participation Pre-Entry Guidance Awards, although this is desirable.
Awards dinner – Wednesday 8 March 2017
There will be one winner in each category. The winners will be announced at the UK Career Development Awards Dinner, on Wednesday 8 March 2017, at a special Awards Dinner to be held at the Hilton Hotel, Leeds.
This black tie event was attended by over 160 guests last year and provides an excellent opportunity for us to celebrate and show case the very best UK-wide practice in career development. Please note all short-listed entrants MUST attend the Awards Dinner. More information is now available.
The closing date for entries is Friday 30 December at 17.00. Please email to email@example.com
The Board will shortlist in January and the final judging panels will be held in February 2017.
All short-listed entries must attend the Awards Dinner.
We are delighted to announce that RAF will be headline sponsor of the overall awards.
We would like to thank our headline sponsor and also the individual award sponsors for their generous support.
There are still 2 awards available for sponsorship, if you are interested in being involved email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org