New School Affiliate – member benefits
What would being a CDI School Affiliate bring to my school?
The package of membership services has been specifically developed to support professionals in their role by providing:
- Networking through online communities
- Sector news, regular updates and press releases on issues that are important to our sector
- CPD opportunities, conferences and skills training at reduced member rates
- National representation
- Recognition and use of the CDI School Affiliate logo
- Opportunity to take part in the UK Career Development Awards
What are the benefits of School Affiliate Membership?
The named contact for membership will receive:
- A fortnightly email – CDI News by Email – a highly regarded news source
- Career Matters – the CDI’s quarterly magazine, posted to your chosen address
- Free copy of the NICEC Journal, distributed twice a year in April and October
- Weekly Portico email advertising the latest job vacancies
- Electronic communications; social networking – Twitter @theCDI and @UKCDA and LinkedIn
- Access to a wide range of professional development opportunities from initial training to ongoing, accredited CPD
- Opportunity to join active online communities of interest in career education; higher education and learning difficulties and disabilities
- Invitation to attend two free to members research focused development days, led by NICEC in June/July and February
- Access to CDI members-only area of the website and key publications, eg Why does employer engagement matter?
- 15% discount on key resources with Prospects Education Resources.
Importantly all members are required to abide by the CDI’s Code of Ethics which is supported by a disciplinary process. The Code can be displayed in your careers room.
Can my careers team join the UK Register of Career Development Professionals?
The Register celebrates and endorses clear standards for high quality, differentiated practice across the career development sector. You need to be an individual member of the CDI in order to join the Register.
Being on the Register is the sector equivalent of chartered status and provides proof to school/college governors, parents, employers, external agencies and clients that a QCF Level 6 or above qualification in career development or equivalent is held, that the person adheres to the Code of Ethics and maintains their CPD (at least 25 hours recorded each year).
Other Register benefits include:
- Free places on all our webinars: general interest; CPD; higher education and professional skills webinars
- Free personal licence for the popular Career Companion website
- 20% discount on key resources at Prospects Education Resources.
How much does being a School Affiliate cost?
The annual fee for School Affiliates is £97 per year, plus a once payable admin fee of £25. We welcome new members throughout the year, ie there is no fixed membership year and you will be sent a new renewal invoice after 12 months.
You can pay by:
- Credit card over the phone, and soon online
- Cheque (please make cheques payable to The Career Development Institute and write your school name and that of the named member and their membership number, on the back of the cheque)
- BACS, with both the name of the school, name of the nominated member or their membership number, in the reference.