The Benefits of Being on the UK Register of Career Development Professionals
- Being on the Register is the sector equivalent to Chartered Status.
- Proof that you hold a full qualification in career development at QCF Level 6/SCQF Level 11 or CDI designated equivalent. Many employers are now requesting that practitioners hold such qualifications and being on the Register is a means of proving this.
- Recognition that you adhere to a Code of Ethics and understand how to apply ethical considerations to your work.
- Confirmation that your skills and knowledge are up to date.
- Use of the post nominal RCDP and the above logo which you can use after your name and on printed materials. If you are employed your employer may wish to promote your status in tenders and reports. Additionally if you promote your skills and services through a website, you can add this information to confirm your registered status.
- Access to the ‘Find a Registered Career Development Professional’ area of the CDI website to advertise the service you offer. This is where employers and customers can find details of people on the Register in their area/across the UK.
- Access to a dedicated area of the CDI website in which you must record your CPD.
- Access to a network of similarly qualified and experienced experts across the whole career development sector, both in the UK and internationally.
In addition to the CDI membership benefits Registrants receive:
- 20% discount on key resources at Prospects Education Resources
- Discount on ICCI Certification - contact Claire.Johnson@thecdi.net for further information about this.